Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Moment of Clarity

I love how God teaches and guides me. Sometimes, it's like a whisper and I have to listen very close and think about what He is trying to show me. Other times, it's so unmistakable that I can't help but be giddy 'cause it's just so stinking obvious. This week has been one of those weeks where He is showing me something so apparent that I would have to be pretty oblivious not to see it.

Well, this is it: Sometimes people who have the purest intentions think they know what is best for you. The issue is that they then share that with others 'in the name of caring about you.' I know enough about people to know that it really has nothing to do with me. But how does a person deal with that? Does it need to be addressed? Does it need to just be ignored? Does it even matter? I came across this scripture late last week: Proverbs 18:12 that says: "Before destruction a mans heart is haughty, and before honor is humility." That really touched a special place in my heart. I want to honor God in all I do and I want my actions to bring honor. I want to do everything with humility so that God is the one glorified; especially when it comes to dealing with His people. At that point, I thought I had clarity. Then, I read a blog this week that had this statement: "Don't wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pigs like it." That's pretty stinking obvious, don't you think?








1 comment:

  1. Love the moments of clarity that God gives us. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete