Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Farewell 2010


As 2010 comes to an end, I can’t help but reflect over the journey of my year of transition. God has taken me, carried me, and danced with me till I’m dizzy. These are the lessons I’ve learned:

1. I may have my own plans but God has His and I want mine to correspond with His perfect design for my life.

2. I may want to be close to God but until I get my head into His Word, I am just blowing smoke through a straw.

3. My husband and my kids are my main priority and that takes continuous work to remain engaged.

4. I can really live on less. I don’t need all of the stuff that I claim is important to me.

5. I want to surround myself with people that support me 24/7 and can tell me when I’m acting like a fruitcake.

I am so thankful for the journey that God has taken me over the course of 2010. I have learned more about myself than ever before, but most importantly, I have learned what it means to consistently and wholeheartedly seek after my One True God. I can’t wait to see what awaits for 2011.


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
                                                                              Jeremiah 29:11







No comments:

Post a Comment