Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

My Pursuit

A multitude of voices call out to You. You are power, glory and love. My life, You chose. My life, You saved. Countless ones have the same story. I was lost; You sought me. I was hopeless; You saved Me. You chased me, pursued me and won me.

My beautiful Jesus.

Now, my pursuit of You is a response. It’s a response to Your unending and relentless pursuit of me. My pursuit means daily sacrifice. Sacrifice not because it is required of me to obtain anything, but in response to the love and the grace that has been given to me. The sacrifice I bring is my will and my desires: the me that is full of sin and the me that desires things that contradict Your plan for my life.  The sacrifice I bring is me.

I can never repay You for the new life You’ve given me. That is not something that You ask of me anyway, but I want to. I want to thank You, to honor You, to glorify You. So, I make the changes, the choices that reflect You and not me.  I know that when I push past the momentary space of spirit against flesh…and win…that feeling, that expression of RIGHTNESS so overwhelms me…that is my pursuit.

My pursuit is You.


No comments:

Post a Comment