Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The God Who Knows Me

There are two things that came across my path today... (1) A quote from my John Adams book: Fortune may have yet a better success in reserve for you, and they who lose today may win tomorrow. Cervantes; and (2) Proverbs 18: 12 Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor.

So I look at these two quotes that crossed my path today and I ask what is God trying to teach me because I know that nothing happens by chance.

No matter what is happening, I need to trust God and know that He is in the middle of it. I need to trust Him for my present and my future.

Is He bigger? Absolutely. Does He need me? No. He gives me the priviledge of serving in His kingdom. I want to always remember that any difference I make is a gift from Him. I need to remember that my life is in His hands. He loves me and wants the best for me. I give Him total control over my life. I desire to make an impact in His kingdom. I desire to know Him more. I will listen.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to think about humility right now. Some of my classmates and I were talking about how humbling this experience is. You are right - there is purpose in all things and God always knows what is best at any given time. We must focus our attention on His grace and all the many blessings in our lives. You are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Stephanie. I think the times that I am the most humbled is when I can see how much I depend upon Him.

    ReplyDelete