Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Top of My List

The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. Psalm 37:31

I love reading. I love getting new insights and information from a variety of books. There is usually a stack of unread books on my bedside table that are "next on my list" to read. Too many times though, I fall victim to good marketing. I want to leverage my influence and be a better leader. I want to discover how I can engage and shape my kids' character. And yes, I want to lose those dreaded 10 lbs and have the body of a 20 year old. The issue is that I am looking for direction from a variety of sources but I am not looking for direction from the Source.
The Bible is the one place where I can go and know that it's 100% accurate. It's not misleading and it gives perfect direction. It tells me to walk humbly, justly, and lovingly when dealing with others. It tells me that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and in this I will prosper in His Kingdom. Reading the Bible: it's at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment