Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Submission and Control Top Pantyhose



There is no doubt that as adults we do not like to be held accountable or submit to authority. I think there is something that is ingrained in us to fight against it.  Even as a young child, I tended to push the boundaries of authority. My only saving grace was that I wanted my teachers and bosses to like me.  I knew that in order for them to like me, I should do what they asked me to.  However, I often submitted with the wrong attitude. 

As I have ‘matured’ or gotten older (gasp), I have recognized that there is a deeper, underlying core belief that I must grab ahold of in order to have access to God’s rich blessing in my life.  That’s submission.  Just the mere mention of that word makes me cringe.  Right?  I am a fully competent woman who knows how to do stuff.  I am surely capable of making things happen on my own. Why do I need to listen to someone else tell me how something should be done? 

I once heard a radio commercial for the air force that has stuck with me:  “Every choice I make has a benefit or a consequence.”  Every choice.  Every single choice. If you were to ask me for one lesson that has framed my life the last 2 years, it would have to be learning the true value of my choices particularly in relation to submission.  The blessings that flow out of a submitted heart are so powerful.  And I’m not talking about the kind of submission that says, “Sure, I’ll do it,” but then grumbles behind the boss’s back.  I’m talking about owning your boss’s idea like it was your own.  I’m talking about realizing that by embracing submission, you bring the favor of the Lord to your life and your work.  FAVOR.  How can we strive for less?   
Submission is a conduit for unity.
The easiest and most common thing for us to do when we get a ‘suggestion’ from our boss is to say ‘yes’, but then grumble and/or not do it once the meeting is over.  I am going to be very bold and say that if you’re doing that then you are wasting your time there.  Don’t fool yourself into believing that God will bless your work.  You are marking time until your replacement gets ready.  I have seen evidence of this in my own life.  I don’t know how many times I have met with my boss, and he has asked me to do something I disagree with.  After I have argued my point and lost :-), I have a choice to make.  What am I going to do? What will my choice be? I have chosen to be submitted. Most times, others don’t even know it’s his idea. I own it like I birthed that baby myself.  And one other thing, on my task list, it’s at the top. I don’t doddle. I am effective and efficient. Then, I call him to let him know it’s done and how I did it. I have made myself irreplaceable and valued.  And in that area of submission, God has blessed my efforts. I have seen because of how I have chosen to act and behave that I have been a conduit for unity in my work environment. To me, that‘s much more valuable than having my own way.

Submission channels humility
Proverbs 18:12
Haughtiness goes before destruction; humility precedes honor. 
God has used this verse in my life more than any other. Oftentimes, we want to go to others when we feel like we’ve been wronged or misunderstood by our bosses. We need affirmation that they are crazy and we are right.  I believe that when we submit our concerns to God and truly act with humility by keeping our grievances to ourselves, it opens a door of favor (honor) in our lives that is unparalleled.  When we actively engage humility, its trusting God to handle the big stuff. It’s giving Him ultimate control over our lives. And let’s face it, that’s where He wants us to be.  Then, when we ultimately trust Him with that kind of humility and submission, He will bless our socks off.

Submission opens the door for blessings
Most fundamentally, God is not a demander; God is a giver.
When we work with God, God works through us.  You bet I want to work with God.  I have learned that most of the time that means I have to embrace submission.  Really embrace it, and trust that He will work things out through me and in me for His divine glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment