Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What are you looking at?

One of the great things about returning to college at this stage in my life is that I can truely appreciate the people that God has placed around me. On my college campus, I have come in contact with such a varied group of individuals that it has struck me that I must have been blind not to have known they have been there all along. I don't have anything in common with a lot of these people. They have different ideas and beliefs of how the world should work. I love that. I love the fact that God is exploding my comfort zone and sending me out into His world. I want to be a shining light that impacts His kingdom. I want to bring honor and glory to Him. I want to throw off people's preconcieved notions of who they think I am and I want God to throw off my own preconcieved notions of who I think they are. In the end, I think everyone just wants to treated with honor and respect. I wish we in the church could remember that's how we need to treat people.

No comments:

Post a Comment