Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

President George Bush

Former President George W. Bush has been making the rounds this week as he promotes his new book, Decision Points.  I've been captivated as I have examined his responses to the tough questions about his presidency.  As I've listened and pondered his choices, I cannot escape a key truth:  The man is honorable, and his character has nothing to do with any particular political affiliation.  As a leader, it is imperative that you make decisions seeped in integrity.  There is one particular choice that he has made since leaving office that stands out to me as extremely honorable.  He has chosen not to 'diss' other people by becoming a political pundit and critiquing their choices.  I think my admiration would diminish if I heard him make a slanderous remark toward any political figure, even if he was right.  The lone fact that he refuses to conduct any conversation about Obama's choices makes me admire him more.  

He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
                                                                                    Proverbs 21:21 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment